Friday, November 18, 2011

Been too lazy to update this lately, but on Sunday I did paragliding! It was pretty cool. We went about an hour out of Lima to some sand dunes and went to the top of a hill and glided off of that. The glide didn't last as long and wasn't as high as I would've imagined but it was still pretty cool. You just run off the hill and hold on to the brakes on each side and they tell you over the walkie talkie whether to pull the right or left one so you don't run back into the hill. Then you slowly start to sink and eventually you land lightly on the ground, at which point the wind catches your parachute and pulls you backwards, sometimes at such a rate that you fall on your ass and get dragged a little ways. Not that I would personally know... ;)


This has been a pretty busy week. I finally decided on a thesis topic: the primary and secondary education in Lima, the differences between public and private, and what this means for people of different social status. I've got 3 weeks to do my research, but ISA's being really helpful. They're going to take me to some other schools in Lima and help me do the research. I'm also trying to get prepared for finals in a few weeks, and for my trip to see the Nazca Lines this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment