Sunday, September 11, 2011

Karaoke and Piercings

The last post was getting kind of long, so I will continue the narration here.


Last night some people were planning on going to a disco called "Gotica." It's really popular here and sounded like a lot of fun, but my throat felt like sandpaper and I was pretty tired because I'm getting sick (somehow despite my daily intake of orange juice). So I wasn't really in the mood to go rage at the club til 3 a.m. 


Instead, some people from PUCP were planning on going to a karaoke bar nearby, so Raquel and I decided that sounded like fun. We met up with them there. It was a pretty cool place. Luckily, the drinks were expensive so I couldn't drink enough for me to think singing was a good idea. But apparently it only takes me one drink to think rapping is a good idea. The rap choices were limited so I ended up doing "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem. It's been awhile since I've listened to that one, but it all came back to me. 


Today, I had plans to go get piercings w/ a couple other girls from ISA. One of their host bro's told them of a good shop to go to, so I met up with them in Miraflores and we went in. They wanted to do their noses, and I wanted to get an industrial, until I saw how thick the bars were. I got second thoughts, but I'm easily swayed by peer pressure :) , so I did it anyways. And the guy told me it wouldn't hurt. Liar.


Kristen did her nose first, then it was my turn. It hurt. very bad. And it continued hurting. Then Mary did her nose, and looked like she was in a lot of pain as well.



Meanwhile, there was a guy by us getting a tattoo. He started getting pale and felt like he was going to pass out. Then the same thing happened to Mary. And me. And Kristen. 




After the nausea started to pass, we got up and walked to the park and bought some water and juice boxes. Then we caught the bus back home. 


The pain and throbbing is finally gone, so that's good. The piercing and the jewelry only cost 30 soles all together ($11) so I'm a little nervous that my ear is going to turn green, but he cleaned everything, so hopefully it'll turn out fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment