Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spring in October

This has been a very ISA-activity filled past few days.


On Thursday I went back to the elementary school after 2 weeks away (because I was in Trujillo). The kids came up and hugged me, and asked me if why I didn't come. I told them I was traveling, and they said "Oh, Profesora Delia said it was because you were mad at us. She said if we didn't behave for you today, you wouldn't come back anymore." Another girl, who's a particular trouble maker came up and gave me a big hug and asked if I would forgive her for behaving badly last time. I said yes, and she promised that she would be good today. Thank you Delia! They actually did behave a lot better!


On Friday I went to la Catolica for a yoga class. It was an ISA activity and there were 7 of us that did it. It was a lot of fun, and a tough workout. I'm still sore. Like every muscle in my body. 


Then that night, we went to the Buffet Show at the Sheraton. Another ISA activity. It was pretty cool. The buffet was intense. It had like 5 different salads, a bunch of cold appetizers, a cheese tray, a bunch of meats, chifa, about 10 different types of ceviche, and more seafood, and about 10 different delicious desserts. So I got to try a lot of new things. One of which almost made me want to throw up. It was seafood, but I don't exactly know what. It was orange, round and smooth. When I bit down it burst open and the inside was liquidy and disgusting. Unfortunately, the Sheraton is a nice place, so I wasn't about to spit it in my napkin, but I almost gagged. If anyone has any ideas about what this might have been, please tell me, so I can avoid every eating it again.


During the dinner, they had a show where a group of dancers came out and performed different Peruvian folkdances. It was pretty cool. 


Afterwards, a group of us headed to Barranco to a jungle-themed bar called Trapiche. It was a pretty good time. 


On Saturday, we had our first ELAP activity. It was me, Jessica, and Nichole. Maria Elena took us to the Palacio del Gobierno first, and we went inside and took a tour. It was really beautiful. Then we walked to the littlest church in the world (it was indeed quite small), and from there went to the Museum of the Inquisition. I was looking forward to it, but it was kind of a disappointment. It was really small and there were only about 3 displays. Afterwards, we walked to the churro stand and got some delicious churros, and then Maria Elena dropped us off in the taxi at Polvos Azules. I got some workout DVDs so that I will be able to fit into my bridesmaid dress when I get back home. 
I went home, napped, did some Turbo Fire, and then got ready to go out. A couple of the ISA girls who live together, Kristen and Carlin, hosted a fall festival. I'm surprised at how much I miss fall, so I was really excited. They had made cider, roasted pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin bread, and we carved pumpkins and made caramel apples. It was a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment