Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cusco Chapter 4: Monday

Up at 7:30, breakfast at the hotel, left at 9:00. 
We drove to the market in Pusac, but only had 1 hour to shop and it was huge. I could have walked around all day. But I finally got a pair of striped pink pajama pants, so I was happy.
Then we headed toward Cusco and made a pit stop at a place called Awana Kancha, where we got to feed some llamas and alpacas.
Back to the bus, next stop: Cusco Airport. 
At this point Jose Luis called the hotel to see if they could drop my charger off at the airport, but they said they didn't find anything. 
We went through security around 2 and our plane was supposed to leave at 3:15. Around 3:30 we found out that we wouldn't actually leave until 5. But finally we made it home.


The next day, Tuesday, was a holiday so we didn't have classes. It was the feast of Saint Rose of Lima (el Dia de Santa Rosa de Lima). 
Raquel and I had been planning to make french toast at some point so we decided it would be a good morning for it. We walked to Plaza Vea, the grocery store, to get some ingredients, and then came back and made bacon, eggs w/ garlic and oregano, and french toast with bananas and huckleberry syrup. After that all that I decided it would be a good idea to go for a run, so I ran to the ocean and back. (I still can't get over the fact that I live so close to the ocean!)
In the evening, Raquel and I met up with a couple other ISA girls, Dawn and Michelle, and went to their house for pizza (yes, the pizza pact is broken) and a movie (Charlie's Angels). 


And today it's back to school. I just got done with my morning class and have to go back for 5 more hours tonight. But it's the only day of class I have this week, so I can't complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment